The Excellerated Performance Team
Michael Caceci enjoys a diverse, successful career as a business leader and entrepreneur. He is the founder and owner of Excellerated Performance LLC, a consulting and professional development services firm based in Pittsford, New York.
Mike brings extensive business experience to every client engagement. His areas of expertise include sales, sales management, general management, marketing, business operations, strategic planning, leadership, and driving organizational change.
When clients work with Mike, they gain the value of working with someone who has:
- Met the challenge of leading teams in a highly competitive industry, consistently exceeding multi-million dollar sales revenue and profit plans.
- Successfully developed and launched marketing programs for a major division of a Fortune 100 company, including an industry-first, total satisfaction guarantee covering high-value business services. The result of this program alone was a doubling of new business orders within the first 120 days after its launch.
- Led project teams for two organizations that won the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award and Canada’s National Award for Excellence.
- Helped numerous for-profit businesses and non-profit organizations increase revenues, develop strategic business plans, acquire critical leadership/management skills and achieve specific goals.
Mike holds a BA in psychology and an MBA in marketing management. As a Resource Associates Corporation (RAC) Affiliate, he is certified to deliver RAC-based professional development processes. Mike is also a member of Resource Associates Consulting Group, a national consortium of professionals that delivers consulting, human development and process improvement services for large enterprises and complex projects.
Mike is certified as a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt and has led multiple process improvement projects. He served as a Senior Reviewer and Judge for Empire State Advantage, the former New York State’s former business certification and award program. He is an Adjunct Professor at Nazareth College School of Management in Pittsford, NY where he teaches marketing and entrepreneurship.
Mike is a current board member for the following organizations: Greater Rochester Quality Council and Friends of Educational Excellence Partnerships, Inc. Mike is a past board member of the Small Business Council of Rochester. He is a member of Rochester Rotary Club, the National Human Resources Association’s Rochester Chapter and Rochester Professional Consulting Network. [ top ]
Carol Wilke offers significant experience in strategic planning and financial analysis, process improvement and operations excellence, team leadership and coaching. She brings enthusiasm and a positive attitude to every initiative and delivers the value you envision.
She is a lean practitioner, Six Sigma black belt, trainer, and change agent. She has completed multiple projects with a variety of organizations, including:
- Creation and implementation of a corporate balanced scorecard with standard financial, customer, employee, and operations metrics.
- Measurement, root cause analysis and reduction in slow-moving / obsolete inventory and collection of accounts receivable, adding millions to cash flow.
- Strategic plans and budgets for manufacturing, supply chain, marketing, service, and finance organizations.
- Return on investment / business case justification for capital equipment and information technology purchases resulting in higher revenue, better customer service and lower total cost.
- Facilitation of a hospital initiative to increase the number of patients filling prescriptions upon discharge by 25 percent – leading to better recoveries and fewer re-admissions.
Her community involvement and professional development include:
- A proud graduate of Leadership Rochester, Class of 2009.
- Serves on the board of directors for the Small Business Council.
- Greater Rochester Quality Council: Past chairperson and current treasurer. Under Carol’s leadership, GRQC has seen a growth in membership and community engagement:
- Six Sigma green belts and black belts completed over 80 Rapid Cycle projects benefiting not-for-profit agencies.
- Volunteers spent time tutoring students through the PENCIL program with Rochester City Schools.
- She hosted Disney Institute and Lean Enterprise Institute programs, administered two SUNY grants enabling over 300 individuals to complete quality training, and orchestrated the GRQC Annual Showcase and Performance Excellence Awards.
Carol has written and delivered several papers and training programs, including:
- “Benchmarking…Striving for Perfection”
- “Measuring the Value of Improvement Projects”
- “WE excel…empowering employees”
- “Quality for Leaders”
- “The Airplane Game”
- Investor Relations documents including Quarterly Management Discussion & Analysis, Annual Report, Press Releases, Institutional Investor presentations
Carol earned a BS in business management from St. John Fisher College and an MBA in finance from Rochester Institute of Technology. She is a Certified Leadership Coach and enjoys partnering with individuals in support of their personal / professional goals. [ top ]
Jeanne Elliott has 30 years’ experience in various roles in Manufacturing, Engineering, Facilities, IT Program Management and Lean Six Sigma. She is a certified Master Black Belt and led multiple high value projects for Xerox Corporation.
In addition to Xerox, her assignments at Rockwell Automation/Allen-Bradley and General Motors have built a background that:
- Combines technical and management functions with ability to effectively communicate with technical personnel, manufacturing, and management on all levels.
- Contains Black Belt and Master Black Belt Certification (through intensive Xerox credentialing and includes strong teaching component).
- Leverages a successful Project Management and Program Management track record.
- Includes recognition for ability to optimize resources and personnel, while significantly improving business performance.
- Covers experience at implementing new technology in CAD/CAM machining environment as well as automation to showcase new control products.
As a Master Black Belt, Jeanne completed multiple projects that provided significant value. These included:
- Led project to restructure product forecasting process to align material and parts demand with manufacturing and delivery. Collaborated with engineering, procurement, manufacturing and marketing personnel. Improved inventory control and eliminated excess inventory with a cost savings of more than $5M over two years.
- Led project to improve response for customer shipping, warranty, billing and material claims. Involved review of process mapping and IT tracking systems. Streamlined process, reduced downtime and claims backlog by 20%. Developed charter for additional project improvements.
- Led project to analyze benefit over resources for 20 prospective initiatives. Recommended to senior management 5 priority initiatives with a potential $10M benefit.
- Led global team to develop 5-year plan to benchmark and implement replacement cross-organizational global configuration management system. Identified gap between current processes and future business objectives and functionality.
- Led project to increase customer product use and made recommendations to key stakeholders to increase revenue growth.
Jeanne has a BS degree in Industrial Engineering from General Motors Institute (Kettering University), and MS degrees in Applied Statistics from Rochester Institute of Technology and Engineering Management from the Milwaukee School of Engineering. In addition, she is a licensed Professional Engineer (Wisconsin). [ top ]
Edmund Napp has over 25 years of experience in the areas of Quality Assurance, Lean Six Sigma and Continuous Improvement in general. He holds degrees in Engineering and Applied Statistics.
As a Master Black Belt and Master Instructor for the Xerox Corporate Lean Six Sigma program, Edmund trained and coached hundreds of people to achieve Green Belt, Black Belt and Master Black Belt certifications. He supported business units across the Unites States, South America and Europe. He led and managed significant process improvement projects across diverse customer environments in multiple industries including manufacturing, health care, and services businesses. [ top ]