Are you or others in your organization working harder just to keep pace?
Do you react to change instead of welcoming it?
Do self-defeating attitudes or ingrained habits of thought prevent you from achieving success on your terms?
Isn’t it time to take control, shape the future and make change an ally?
How to Achieve Excellence In Business
There is no single set of criteria that defines excellence for individual, business, government or nonprofit performance. The other challenge is that excellence is a moving target. Once excellence is achieved at whatever level of scope is relevant, it becomes a standard, which may or may not represent all that could be.
Aristotle had it rightexcellence comes from habit, not singular events or activities. The key is defining the habits that support continual growth and development instead of a particular set of performance metrics. These habits include (and you may have others to add):
- A planned STRATEGY exists to be successful, and everyone in the company knows what it is.
- STRUCTURE results from your strategy…it’s lean, and every employee knows what to do.
- PROCESSES are effective, efficient, fast, easy and error-free.
- PEOPLE are properly and adequately trained, and they know exactly what to do to achieve success.
- People are RECOGNIZED for “doing it right the first time”…and no fear exists.
- Consistently achieve the RESULTS you predict.
- Measure CUSTOMER LOYALTY and satisfaction.
- Encourage LEADERSHIP characteristics.